Hey friends, how are you today? How was your week? I completed 3.2 miles, while running out in our neighborhood, yesterday and it felt good. Although spring is here, our neck of the woods did not get that memo. Our temperatures have been struggling to get out of the 30s and yesterday was the first 50°, in over a week. I love running as my form of exercise, preferably outside. Believe it or not, I cover more distance on the pavement, actually the sidewalk, since my music is often pounding in my ears, than I do on a treadmill. What do you as your form of exercise? I know Jennifer over at Tea with Jennifer enjoys walking.
Can you believe March is almost at its end? We are already three months into 2019. I must admit, the past three months have for most part, left me behind. I can’t seem to catch up, sometimes I feel stuck in 2018. Where has the time gone? Part of this quagmire is the fact that I started working five days, thirty hours each week. Because I leave for work mid morning, I have a list of chores, I try to ensure is done before I leave. I tried to enjoy the weekend, but lately my weekends have all been busy too. Have I told you before I struggle with balance? Yep, I did here. I do enjoy going to work and I also take pleasure in the job I do, but time has become so very limited.
Having a job hastened my desire for spring so that I could spend more time outdoors. Now there’s outdoors and then there’s OUTDOORS! I do outdoors; I don’t do tent camping or sleeping under the stars. I need a solid roof and four heavy duty walls and indoor plumbing and electricity; well, you get the drift. I enjoy nature, but I need nature to stay outside! We enjoy hiking, running, and strolling through nature, we enjoy campfires too, but when it’s time for bed, we go inside. Yes, yes, I am quite aware that safety is not the absence of danger, but rather the presence of God, but why take chances?
Taking the time to admire God’s creation reminds me slow down, because if I don’t, I just may miss the blessings. I don’t want to miss the Lord’s blessings; they are brand new, tailored just me, each day. How has the past three months treated you? Or perhaps a better question should be; how have you treated the past three months? Join me on intentionally slowing down to appreciate each new day, to see the beauty in each day, to realize that every day is a gift from the Lord.
Here are a few activities I intend to do to reactivate my 2019
- Keep a journal with my devotion. I have already started with this but haven’t been consistent. This is me becoming more consistent with journaling.
- Spend a few minutes outdoors, every day. Rain, sunshine, sleet, hail nor snow will keep me away. Well actually, my hair absolutely hates getting wet, if it’s not being washed. Yep, let’s blame the hair, we may need to observe nature on the inside, during the downpours.
- Take leisurely walks with the intention of photographing nature. That’s my favorite activity, love capturing images of God’s creation in film.
- Talk to strangers. Need I say more?
- Go spring shopping. Actually, in my case, I have been shopping… in my defense, I am working five days a week now, right? Thrift haul may be coming soon…
- Read a totally fictitious book or fashion and style magazine. Love those, they inspire the dressing styles, which inspire the shopping. Fun times are coming….
What are some activities to help jumpstart our 2019? Please share, I need some help over here…