I would like to now thank my sweet friend from savvyzone.wordpress.com and Gail from gaillovesgod.blog for nominating becominghistapestry for this award. WOW! Thank you guys for this privilege. We indeed serve a faithful God. Please do check out their blogs, you will not regret it. Savvyzone has the sassiest sense of humor, especially about natural hair. Do yourself a favor, wear only water proof eyeliner when reading her blogs. When I think of Gail, this verse comes to mind Acts 9:36 At Joppa there was a certain disciple named Tabitha, which is translated Dorcas. This woman was full of good works and charitable deeds which she did. You will leave her blog, feeling ready to serve and motivated to be better. Thank you again ladies.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog in your post. Share a few thoughts about their blog and help to promote them. Support other bloggers!!
2. Display the award on your blog. You can display in a post or as a widget.
3. Who’s your favorite blogger? Write a short paragraph about your favorite blog and leave a link for others to check them out.
4. Tell your readers 10 random facts about you – they can be anything you want!
5. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
6. Make sure to link these rules in your Liebster Award post.
- I love, love to travel, but it is always a relief to be back home
- I learnt to ride a bike for the first time, last year
- Running is my favorite form of exercise
- I love storms, (rainstorms, thunderstorms, snowstorms)
- I love to talk to God (out loud)
- I was very shy as a child, but the Lord, because of His faithfulness gave me boldness (can you imagine a shy teacher?).
- I love to shop for clothes, shoes, handbags (had to be specific, because some people like to shop for groceries. Weird!)
- When I get to a new city, I look up the thrift stores near me
- I grew up in the Caribbean, but I can’t swim
- I love to do laundry
- I love to people watch, especially when I am shopping (Uhhh, did the rules 10 things about me?)
Here are my questions for y’all: (SAVVYZONE) thankfully Gail didn’t have any additional questions, because this took me forever to do!
– What’s your favourite movie? – I like all the James Bond and Bourne movies. I guess you can tell a lot about a person at this point.
– What are your hobbies? Up to 3. – I enjoy reading, my favorite hobby. I enjoy writing and does shopping count? I enjoy that too!
– What keeps you motivated? That a slightly ambiguous question. For spiritual motivation, I’d like to always say my love for the Lord, but when I forget, my family keeps me motivated. To be healthy, my desire to be a beautiful godly woman and Instagram does a good job. For most things, my relationship with the Lord keeps me motivated. My Lord, in His faithfulness draws me to fulfill the roles, He has entrusted me with and His Word daily reminds me of the standard.
– what super natural power do you wish to have and why? I’d love to see into the future, because I am a control freak and the Lord is still working on me in the trust department
– what is a weird talent that you have? – I have none, but I can raise my left eyebrow, does that count?)
– What’s your fantasy? Interpret that as you will. – Huh! Wow! I gat nothing!
– What time of the day do you prefer? – Mornings are my best time of the day. It is quiet; my brain does not yet have a thousand things to do. I love my coffee and my bible, with my journal and a lit candle. Yes, mornings are my best!
– First thing that comes to mind when you wake up in the morning? Coffee
– Stuck on an island, with a compass, spear, and rope, how would you make use of these for survival (whether rational or irrational and entertaining of course all are welcomed)? I could NOT answer that question, because nothing came to mind.
– How would you describe yourself in three words? Explanation as to why. This question literally stomped me. Is the question asking, who am I? Or what/how am I? I dunno… I chose to answer it this way… I am servant of the Most High God of all Creation (wanted to make that distinction). I thought of adding to that description the roles, to which I have been entrusted, because they do kind of describe me, don’t they? I am a black 5”2 woman, (who loves wearing heels), a wife, mother, homeschool mom, teacher, daughter, sister. I know, I know. I just complicated the whole matter, didn’t I? Uhhh did that question say in three words? Well… sorry
– Funniest thing you’ve done under the influence of alcohol or through the influence of bad company? – I’ve never been drunk (grew up in the church, okay?!). Well, I will not say that my brother was exactly a bad influence…but as kids, he was a great tree climber. He got to top of one of the fruit trees in our yard and dared me to climb it. I am older than he is. So I did! And got stuck! He helped me down after I started crying.
A few of my favorite bloggers are:
- What’s #1 on your bucket list?
- What’s your happiest memory?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite room in your home?
- Are a cat or dog person?
- What’s your favorite time of the day?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your happiest thing to do?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Are you a morning or evening person?
- Who is your favorite person(s)